|Europe's leading residential technology trade magazine||Subscribe|
AMX Introduces Version 1.2 of its Rapid Project Maker Cloud-Based Project Set-Up Application (1/2/2013)
Rapid Project Maker (RPM) 1.2 is the latest version of AMX’s impressive cloud-based application that easily guides installers through setting up a project’s technology. RPM speeds an installer throughout an entire project from start to finish, saving remarkable amounts of time. For example, the average time needed to program a simple control system consisting of a TV, laptop, switcher and DVD player is about 20 hours. With RPM it takes 20 minutes. A more complex conference room consisting of an AMX Controller, a videoconferencing system, DVD player, display and a laptop can be configured in less than an hour, versus days or weeks with traditional programming. You can imagine what a time-saving tool this is for seasoned designers who need to rapidly design and deploy conference rooms or classrooms.
RPM not only simplifies single room deployments but also automatically adjusts to the technology/functionality selected each time a project is configured. A client’s project can even be branded with a dedicated space available for a client logo in the finished UI. Throughout, RPM is a well-designed resource that is easy to deploy and simple to use.
Because it is cloud-based, installers can access their projects remotely. Saving and managing a project’s files online at AMX.com reduces on-site service calls and facilitates sharing of resources within an organisation. RPM even generates installation and purchasing documentation in addition to complete controller code and touch panel files to make the configuration process more convenient.
The latest version of RPM includes:
• Support for Modero X® 19" and 20" Touch Panels from AMX
• Support for DXLink Transmitters and Receivers from AMX
• Support for ICSLan Device Control Boxes from AMX
• Support for Enova® DVX-2150, -2155 and -3155 All-In-One Presentation Switchers from AMX
• Support for the low power mode in Enova DVX All-In-One Presentation Switchers from AMX
• Support for the Clear Connect™ Occupancy/Vacancy Sensor in the AMX Light Control by Lutron® line
• Broader video teleconferencing configuration options, enabling devices to support dual outputs
• Enhanced project reports with the inclusion of cable diagrams
| newsfeeds | subscribe
to newsletter | submit
a link |