|Europe's leading residential technology trade magazine||Subscribe|
Naim Launches NAC-N 172 XS Streaming Preamplifier (27/7/2012)
NAC-N 172 XS the first network enabled streaming preamp from Naim. The ideal starting point for audiophile streaming: flexibility and performance in a slimline package.
When controlled with the Naim n-Stream app, system automation can be enabled giving full control of all connected Naim sources.
· UPnPTM-enabled to stream audio files from any UPnP enabled server such as UnitiServe or a NAS
· vTuner 5* full service internet radio
· Optional FM/DAB module variant available
· Streams/plays WAV, FLAC, ALAC, AIFF, AAC, WMA, Ogg Vorbis and MP3 files.
· Gapless playback available on all lossless file formats
· Front-panel USB port for replay of MP3 player/iPod and USB-stored audio
· Digital output connection from iPod/iPhone for ultimate quality and iPod control
· Multiple intuitive control interfaces: front panel, remote control handset and n-Stream control app
· Full system automation, wired remote in and wired remote out
· USB mini-b connector for software upgrades
· Linear power supply with 230VA transformer with separate windings for digital and analogue sections
· High quality Burr-Brown PCM1793 DAC
· Ground selector switch for optimum performance with many sources and power amps
· Five 24bit/192kHz-capable S/PDIF digital inputs (2 x RCA, 2 x optical, 1 x 3.5mm TOSlink)
· 3 analogue inputs (1 DIN, 1 RCA pair, 1 x 3.5mm front-panel socket)
· 1 line output
· DIN and RCA preamplifier analogue outputs
· Front-panel 3.5mm headphone connector
· OLED display for high contrast and easy visibility
· Ethernet and Wi-Fi network connectivity
· British build and design
Users can enjoy up to 32bit/192kHz audio files played either from memory stick connected via the front-panel USB socket or streamed from UPnPTM-enabled devices over the home network.
A network connection also opens up the world of internet radio. Like all Naim’s network connected products the ‘172 features vTuner’s 5* full service internet radio. Users can also access the Naim webpage http://myradio.naimaudio.com to manage their internet radio listings and add stations. Naim’s choice is also available: a listing of Naim’s favourite internet radio stations.
A front-panel USB port enables easy play from memory sticks and iPod/MP3 players. The NAC-N 172 XS will take over the control, charging and display of stored audio via a standard iPod digital connector
Available from July 2012.
| newsfeeds | subscribe
to newsletter | submit
a link |